Looking for another way to get healthy coconut products into your diet? You must give these cookies a try. Dense, dark and chewy, these no-bake chocolate coconut cookies are packed with coconut oil and shredded coconut so they make a healthy and delicious addition to any meal or snack.
These cookies are 100% real food, but in my experience they also get rave reviews from eaters who don’t adhere to a real food diet. I’ve taken them to several “normal” parties and always receive compliments on how delicious they are.
This is a fantastic cookie recipe to make if you’re short on time and/or don’t want to heat up your house by turning on the oven. Ingredients merely need to be melted and mixed on the stovetop, then spooned out and frozen before they’re ready to eat.
A Couple Notes on Ingredients:
Shredded coconut: I highly recommend buying shredded coconut online. In my experience, buying it in bulk is WAY less expensive than buying small packages at the grocery store. (If your local store has a great bulk section, that may be an affordable option, too.) I usually buy this shredded coconut.
Cocoa powder: I always use raw cacao powder in my recipes, but any kind of cocoa powder will work, too. Like the shredded coconut, I highly recommend buying your cacao powder in bulk, if you go through a lot of it. I usually buy this cacao powder.
These cookies need to be stored in the fridge or freezer. While you can leave them out for a short time while serving, they WILL melt if left at room temperature for long–particularly if it’s a hot day.
These cookies are packed full of coconut oil and shredded coconut. If you’re new to coconut products, you should know that eating too much coconut oil (or other coconut products) at one sitting can cause intestinal upset. How much is too much seems to vary from person to person, so although these cookies are delicious, I wouldn’t recommend eating more than or two at time. If you want, you can then experiment to determine your own coconut tolerance level.
Want to See Me Making These Cookies?
I made a video to show you just how EASY this recipe is. Click on the video below to watch!
And if you’re into recipe videos like that one, be sure to come follow me on my Facebook page. I share tons of great real food videos! 🙂
Are you a coconut lover?
You should definitely check out some more of my coconut-rich recipes, like my coconut oil fudge, chocolate coconut fat bombs, coconut berry delights, lemon coconut delights, and homemade mint chocolates.
And if that’s not enough, I also have a whole e-book dedicated to coconut recipes. Check out the e-book here.
And now, onto the no-bake chocolate coconut cookies!
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup raw honey, depending on how sweet you want your cookies to be
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Couple dashes of salt
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add all ingredients except shredded coconut to a saucepan and gently melt until all ingredients are liquid, then use a whisk or fork to stir until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Add shredded coconut and mix to combine.
- Line a flat surface, such as a cutting board, with wax paper or parchment paper. Spoon cookies onto paper. You can make them smaller or larger depending on your preference. If cookies seem too liquid, allow mixture to cool a bit on the counter or in your fridge before trying to scoop them again.
- Place cookies in the freezer to harden. Once hardened, remove to a lidded container. Store container in the freezer or fridge, depending on your preference.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Whole Natural Life’s ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers. Please also note that Whole Natural Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
36 Responses to No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cookies